28 Nov Seven Things to Pray for Your Children
Seven Things to Pray for Your Children
We talk a lot about prayer at Purpose Church, and for those of you who have children or grandchildren, I wanted to give you some specific ideas on how you can pray for your children.
Jon Bloom published at article at Desiring God called Seven Things to Pray for Your Children. I thought these were great.
1. That Jesus will call them and no one will hinder them from coming. (Matthew 19:13-15)
2. That they will respond in faith to Jesus’s faithful, persistent call. (2 Peter 3:(9)
3. That they will experience sanctification through the transforming work of the Holy Spirit and will increasingly desire to fulfill the greatest commandments. (Matthew 22:37-39)
4. That they will not be unequally yoked in intimate relationships, especially marriage. (2 Corinthians 6:14)
5. That their thoughts will be pure. (Philippians 4:8)
6. That their hearts will be stirred to give generously to the Lord’s work. (Exodus 35:29)
7. That when the time is right, they will GO! (Matthew 28:18-20)
Why don’t use this list and pray one of these things each day for the next week?
As a parent, one of the most important things you can do for your children is to pray for them. A praying parent is truly a powerful influence.